Server at home. How? What? How many?

12 3
GN
Site user since 03.12.2017

Friends at the moment I have a spinning online store on Bitrix, goods in the region of 800 positions will be increased to 5000-7000. Already occupied disk space - 2GB (from 2 provided => have to switch to a more expensive rate), is now hosting costs - 1100 rubles / month.

The essence of the question - does it make sense to "raise" the house of my server for IM? Old iron there: i7 + 4 Gb ROM. Probably have to buy ssd (preferably 2 to ride-array) and for a noiseless cooling with a power supply capable of exporting 24/7? Internet home stable - 250Mb / s optical))

+ Is it possible to hire an administrator to udalonku, servaka to maintain in working order? If so, what are prices now on the market?

Thank you all: beer:

Stolz
Site user since 25.01.2007

> Internet home stable - 250Mb / sec, optics

The only important thing is. Everything else - can be acquired. Including the administrator. Do not know about you, but in my house there is a risk that the switch off the light somewhere in the entrance and obestochat hub.

I do not recall that it was, but still. Again - for a dedicated ip provider also takes money. 150 rubles a month is not much, but money.

GN
Site user since 03.12.2017
stolz:
> Internet home stable - 250Mb / sec, optics

The only important thing is. Everything else - can be acquired. Including the administrator. Do not know about you, but in my house there is a risk that the switch off the light somewhere in the entrance and obestochat hub.
I do not recall that it was, but still. Again - for a dedicated ip provider also takes money. 150 rubles a month is not much, but money.

Thank! )) But still the question remains except for Internet and power supply - what hardware do I need to frisky server for my needs?

100 rubles. for a dedicated ip - is 10 times less than I am paying now, a month later, probably the service provider the cost will rise to 1500-2000 Ruhr / month ((

foxi
Site user since 02.03.2011

drive, dedicated IP, electricity ... GVA will be cheaper and more stable.

Антибот защита для сайта (https://antibot.cloud/ru.html#searchengines) (защита от кражи контента и спама) | ВебМастерские микроблоги (https://wmsn.biz/#searchengines) | Фокси SEO форум (https://foxi.biz/#searchengines)
Stolz
Site user since 25.01.2007

I for pampering XCY X30 Ali ordered (find - this box). I put back on the SSD 240 GB, 8 GB of RAM. On top of CentOS 8. It turned out cheaply, not noisy (there is nothing to make noise), everything is cold.

Test load of nothing, but in fact have to fly like an airplane. Electric meter, too, is not annoying.

C did not bother IP provider - simply because it is nothing but obscure site to not stand. And even then only to play with.

Backups, by the way, do comfortably. Connect an external hard drive to the USB - and merges all you want. As one of the directions of the copy, along with unloading on udalenku.

Everything is good, but if due to a power outage, this thing will stay a couple of hours for the site to be a very unpleasant story - will fly position.

Although the hosts also happens.

Евгений Крупченко
Site user since 27.09.2003

iron you need any moves that would be easy to then sell on Avito :)

once played enough.

only two ways - server, rack. but it is in your home 99% did not take hold because noise very much.

or absolutely any home, though any laptop (along with the built-ups included)

I remember in the early 2000s, but it was the norm - the office, the office, it stands for its server some needs and it is rabotet site, mail, etc. all that is needed.

but there are so few people do. Most have long realized that the first stability in data centers is much better.

the same food safety. and secondly almost the main thing - the quality of the Internet.

if you supposedly 250 (tochnoey because do_250 say) this is nothing she said.

the very "quality" in an Internet data center is always higher. because they connect very broad channels to "central artery".

to your own home visitor will have to overcome a bit of a longer path and in general there is a lot of small things, because of which it is a home based internet vsezh not.

I tell you, not as a theoretician and practitioner. serverok house there is a very long time. and channels it comes to 3pc 100Mb to Gigabit. sites but it lasts only a couple of pieces quite small, that if the month will not be online, no one will notice :)

Yes, serverok house is super. where more options for the same razrulivaniya Internet than are any ready routers. hard drives have long to live there, not somewhere in the computer as usual. this is a great testing ground for experiments, storage space, a lot of things ... but sites should be hosted in the data center, rather than at home.

foxi
Site user since 02.03.2011
stolz:

Backups, by the way, do comfortably. Connect an external hard drive to the USB - and merges all you want. As one of the directions of the copy, along with unloading on udalenku.

🤪 I disappoint you, your backup - this is not a backup, the device is connected via usb burn along with your home server, if struck by lightning, or a neighbor connects the welding machine or some other races voltage. you just upload a backup to a remote server.

baas
Site user since 17.09.2012

If the project makes money only certified hosting provider, and if the project blog or site card, or a development project (test), and then go home server.

Only still get all the same or more than that of the host.

Is not reliable, the light at any moment can turn off (in the house, porch, floor).

Hot in the summer and in the winter if the iron battery.

Electricity Mata more.

The home provider may prohibit the commercial use of network channel.

The same should be at least an average capacity of iron, on the cheap wood raising project is idiotic!

Home server is a self-indulgence!

---------- Posted 17.06.2020 at 17:27 ----------

GoldenNuts:
Internet home stable - 250Mb / s optical))

It is not guaranteed to be 100% of the traffic drawdown to about 3-30 Mbps.

Настройка BSD систем. (https://www.fryaha.ru) Знание сила, незнание Рабочая сила!
Евгений Крупченко
Site user since 27.09.2003
foxi:
Neighbor connect welding machine

even if we assume that. what are the chances that the main host, at the same time there will be something that will need a backup?

neighbor you buy a new device and prompt you to reset the copy of the working site. and continue to live with virtually's backup on hand, instead of somewhere.

and it (to buy a used / have a fine hdd) differently cheaper than ever to pay somewhere in the "cool backup service."

Andreyka
Site user since 19.02.2005
GoldenNuts:
Friends at the moment I have a spinning online store on Bitrix, goods in the region of 800 positions will be increased to 5000-7000.

I do not believe that shop with such parameters was unprofitable. You have no money chickens peck, and you want to save on matches.

Put server colo and focus on your business!

Не стоит плодить сущности без необходимости
DV
Site user since 01.05.2010

Backups are not on the box and on the desktop for gigabit lokalke - at first as much breath away, when two discs choir singing started and Freeze window.

---------- Posted 17.06.2020 at 21:44 ----------

TC makes sense in one case: if this box service will not have to strain mentally.

For example, you own more or less the admin, you already spinning at home several devices around the clock for different needs, and you're like, "Why here, and the site does not deliver."

Then yes.

Otherwise, at blinking light, a sudden reboot, yes, even the noise will change - you will grab at his heart, and sleep still.

VDS хостинг ( http://clck.ru/0u97l ) Нет нерешаемых задач ( https://searchengines.guru/ru/forum/806725 ) | Перенос сайтов на Drupal 7 с любых CMS. ( https://searchengines.guru/ru/forum/531842/page6#comment_10504844 )
12 3

To post a new comment, please log in or register